ABCs of Touring
12th October 2018
By Andrew Kidd
Know Your ABCs
It’s not as if any of us really need another excuse to get out and ride on our Harleys. But there’s something thrilling about exploring back roads and happening upon little towns that make the ride so memorable.
It doesn’t take much to take part in the ABCs of Touring. Just take photos of yourself and your Harley® holding a current edition of HOG® Magazine in front of “official” signs that capture your travels from A to Z. Collecting 26 towns or municipalities, all states, any national parks or “big things” make you eligible for great prizes and bragging rights. You only need 20 points to qualify for a pin and it’s free to enter.
The following prizes are awarded for collecting your ABCs:
- First place: ABCs of Touring plaque, $1000 HD gift card.**
- Second place: ABCs of Touring plaque, $750 HD gift card.**
- Third place: ABCs of Touring plaque, $500 HD gift card.**
- 40 points: ABCs of Touring pin and patch; H.O.G cap, bandana & keyring.
- 35 points: ABCs of Touring pin and patch; H.O.G bandana & keyring.
- 30 points: ABCs of Touring pin and patch; H.O.G keyring.
- 25 points: ABCs of Touring pin and patch.
- 20 points: ABCs of Touring pin.
**Also includes above listed prizes for 40 points. Prizes subject to change.
For the 2015 ABCs of Touring competition, some HOG chapters had more members participating than others, here’s a list of which chapters had winners;
Sydney - 9 members (highest placed 4th)
OzHOG - 7 members (highest placed 3rd)
Central West - 6 members (highest placed 16th)
DanHOG - 6 members (highest placed 1st)
Mackay & District - 4 (highest placed 15th)
So maybe for the 2018 ABCs of Touring DanHOG should make it a contest against the other chapters to see if we can get more members in the prizes than they can (over 20 points). Surely there must be another 2 DanHOG members who want to participate so we can at least pass OzHOG on the league table! With not too much effort you could collect 20 points just on the single Red Faces trip to Albury.
The elusive "X" photo:
For more information download this document